Monday, April 26, 2010
Economics and Education
I have felt so sheltered from the economic woes because both Dean and I are in education. We have figured that while other businesses fail, we will still educate our children. We felt like our jobs were secure. We had our years of wondering how we were going to make it, but the last two years have been the "fat" ones. But the trickle down effect has hit education and hit it hard. For the past few weeks, I have watched while the school district I work for tries to cut 2.75 million dollars from next year's budget. If one of the largest employers in our small county is making cuts, what else will fail? Can the economy recover when we start cutting so much spending by large government entities like school systems? When bus drivers lose wages and there are no more aides? When does it stop?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friends and Family Blogs
-
-
-
11 years ago
-
12 years ago
-
12 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
-
10 years ago
-
-
10 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
-
15 years ago
-
18 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment