Sunday, September 25, 2011
Days gone by!
As I left school the other day, I came out to see a young mom with a little boy about 5 years old, a little girl about 2 and a baby in the stroller. The kids were climbing on a railing and she was gently counting down for them to get off and keep going down the sidewalk. The little boy asked her a few questions and I could see she was patiently answering him, but that his questions weren't a new experience for her. It hit me so sharply that I used to be that young mom. Her kids were the same ages as mine had been. But I'm not that young mom again. I'm now a professional teacher who works outside the home and my kids are all in school. Even more, that little boy is now a returned missionary and the little girl goes to college in another city. Yeah, I cried. I love where I am now, but I miss those days sometimes as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friends and Family Blogs
-
-
-
11 years ago
-
12 years ago
-
12 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
-
10 years ago
-
-
10 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
-
15 years ago
-
18 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
14 years ago
1 comment:
Mom,
Thanks for sharing that. I wish that I was still your little girl asking the annoying questions. :) You were the best mom any girl could any ask for. I love you!
Post a Comment